**********************************************

Monday, April 24, 2006

4 months to go!

I still haven't gotten my classes approved but I have no doubt in my mind that I'm going. Last week I just got down on my knees and prayed as hard as could. I just really needed answers and guidance and peace about the situation. Since then everything had been going smoothly so... I just know I'm going.

So right now I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do in all of these countries. I figured out that if I did all the trips I wanted to do it would be over $3000, and thats not even doing ALL of the trips I really wanted to do. So I cut some stuff out and got it to less than $2000. I'm just going to do some more things indy now. I did a lot of research on Egypt yesterday and I figured out that I could do a trip to Luxor for 2 nights/Cairo for 2 nights/Alexandria for 1 night for less than $200 and this includes NICE hotels (3 to a room), admission prices to sights, transportation, and food. I know the convenience of an SAS trip is great but the cost outweighs the convenience. It will be fun to do it independently too. I just need to find a big enough group to do it safely. I know Egypt will be one of our more dangerous countries. As for the rest of the countries I'm pretty much going to stay with SAS trips and small independent stuff. I know that in Japan I want to get a railpass. I was doubting it at first but I rather have it than be stuck. I'm also looking at getting a regional Eurorail pass for Spain. I've gotta do some major research on Croatia this summer. I don't even know what's there let alone what to do there.

I am so excited for this trip! I have a map next to my bed that I just stare at all the time dreaming of all the adventures I'll have. I just... I can't be shy. See I'm not really that shy but when I first get put in a situation I can be and while everyone is meeting eachother that can be detrimental, believe me, I've experienced it. So I have to find a happy medium between being shy and being obnoxious (I rather be shy than obnoxious any day).

I'm happy for this new experience, new start, new adventures, and new friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home