**********************************************

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Reflections on an INCREDIBLE semester

So this will be my last SAS post ever. I had an incredible time and learned a lot. It's kinda surreal to be home. Everyone keeps asking me what my favorite port was and I don't have an answer for them. To choose just one would be impossible. Do I think I changed on this voyage? Definitly, but it would be impossible for me to explain how. Right now I'm just still trying to grab a hold of the fact that I just traveled around the world. I was able to go places and see things that most people only dream about. I was able to meet people and share experiences with people who had never met Americans before. I ate weird foods and walked on dirty streets. There was good and there was bad, but even the bad I can look back on and see how much it helped shape my experiences. I was able to go three months without TV and limited communication with the world I knew back home and it wasn't that hard. Traveling to all these places I really was able to see a beauty in the world I would have never fathomed. I hope that one day I will get a chance to go back to these places but even more I hope to explore others countries.
Now that I'm sitting at home and it's freezing outside I look back on all the great ship experiences too. I really do miss they community that was created on the Explorer. It was my extended family for a semester. And I miss my friends. Maybe one day in the future I'll be able to take part in an SAS experience. Whether it's at a reunion, as a staff member or senior passanger. I look forward to that, but for right now, it's good to be home.
I would also take this chance to say thank you to everyone that has been reading my blog, I tried to update it as often as I could and post as many pictures as possible, and thank you to all my SAS friends, you know who you are. You were truly a blessing to me on this crazy, amazing, adventure around the world.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home